Saturday, December 8, 2012

The perfect gift

It's so hard to give the perfect gift.
We are invited to a birthday party this weekend.  I have no idea what to get this little guy.  He is turning Two!  His mom has a in-home daycare, so toys are plenty in this house.  I thought about making a craft box.  Picking up a simple plastic box, putting his name on it, and filling it up.  Crayons, markers, glitter, paper.  I just couldn't decide if he would really enjoy it being so young.  So then I had an idea.  I always wanted to have family movie night.  I know he's only two but I think candy is okay once in a while.  I put together a bag with the DVD Horton hears a who!, swedish fish, reese's pieces, chocolate raisins and gummy worms .  Then I grabbed a popcorn cup in target for $1 and put it all together in a gift bag.  There's something for everyone to snack on and the littlest one has a movie he can enjoy.  I'l include a few photos once I get it all together.

THEY KILLED COOKIE MONSTER!

Does anyone else have a kid that truely enjoys clothes?
Micah just had to wear a vest to the party, he took off the bow tie as we were leaving our house and informed me he wouldn't be needing it.  He would be playing too much and it would get in the way. HA! HA!

My fashionista baby.  I think she has every animal in the woods on. ;)





The photos never happened.  Why?  As we were heading out the the, we had a visitor.
A MOUSE!  It was on the back porch, but we also have two dogs.  The mouse lingered all day, between hiding on the porch or under a toy in the yard.   The dogs never found it and I guess it left.  The fight this mouse put up though.  It was cold out and I was sweating from chasing it!  It just would not leave the porch.

 The kids had fun at the party and were exhausted.  We stopped for groceries on the way home and they couldn't stay awake.  I say that's the sign of a great party.



No comments:

Post a Comment